Your opinions are important to me and my readers. Let’s talk. Here is a list of some of the current events I regularly follow as well as other topics about which I have strong opinions. Of course, my opinions change based on acquired knowledge. I’d like to hear what you have to say so that we can agree or disagree (and perhaps shape one another’s opinions). This list is in no way exhaustive and is in no particular order. If you have a specific topic you’d like me to start with, please let me know.
- The United States economy, jobs, government spending, debt, inflation.
- The current and future political environment in the United States including the Tea Party Movement and it’s effects on the political climate, the Governors races and Congressional races of November 2010, the Presidential races in 2012.
- The United States Constitution and Bill of Rights, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, gun control and the right to bear arms, women’s rights, human rights, civil rights.
- Health Care Reform
- America’s abundance of natural resources, environmental concerns, domestic natural resources exploration, alternative energy, harvesting domestic resources as an alternative to purchasing the same from foreign entities.
- Supporting and honoring America’s aging population as well as creating a positive and thriving system of support for our future generations.
- The oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico as well as other environmental and natural disasters.
- Weather related events as they occur.
- The United States armed forces and its involvement in global conflicts and wars, including but not limited to: Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Israel, Palestine, Turkey, North Korea, China, Pakistan, the African continent, Mexico, the drug cartels, United States/Mexico border, Arizona’s new law, and the war on terrorism.
- The State of Michigan, including jobs, economy, politics, natural resources.
- Government bailouts, government takeovers, the collapse of Greece, the European Union, capitalism, socialism, entitlements, the importance of unions as well as the problems faced by unions and because of union involvement.
- Families, religion, emergency preparedness and food storage.
Nothing controversial or anything! I’d like to try to keep my entries polite and non-threatening. I don’t like mud slinging and name calling so I’ll try to avoid slang terms to describe what’s going on. I would just like to share my opinion. After all, that’s what this blog is all about. What topic(s) would you like to talk about? -Julie